The following is an excerpt from the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association webpage, writen by Phil Boyer, President.
OK, for all of those ranting about “threats” from GA aircraft, we’ll believe that you’re really serious about controlling “threats” when you call for:* Banning all vans within cities. A small panel van was used in the first World Trade Center attack. The bomb, which weighed 1,500 pounds, killed six and injured 1,042.
* Banning all box trucks from cities. Timothy McVeigh’s rented Ryder truck carried a 5,000-pound bomb that killed 168 in Oklahoma City.
* Banning all semi-trailer trucks. They can carry bombs weighing more than 50,000 pounds.
* Banning newspapers on subways. That’s how the terrorists hid packages of sarin nerve gas in the Tokyo subway system. They killed 12.
* Banning backpacks on all buses and subways. That’s how the terrorists got the bombs into the London subway system. They killed 52.
* Banning all cell phones on trains. That’s how they detonated the bombs in backpacks placed on commuter trains in Madrid. They killed 191.
* Banning all small pleasure boats on public waterways. That’s how terrorists attacked the USS Cole, killing 17.
* Banning all heavy or bulky clothing in all public places. That’s how suicide bombers hide their murderous charges. Thousands killed.
Number of people killed by a terrorist attack using a GA aircraft? Zero.
Number of people injured by a terrorist attack using a GA aircraft? Zero.
Property damage from a terrorist attack using a GA aircraft? None.